Friday, December 08, 2006

Lists

I remember reading in High Fidelity, a use of lists,most notably song lists, that is very typical Nick Hornby. Although I actually don't like Hornby novels, the idea is quite good and so i thought i'd make my own lists. And yes, i know they're quite naff, but my music era was the 90's and Noughties so don't blame me!

Songs most suitable for thinking 'ah the good ole days':
Backstreet Boys - Quit Playin' Games
Daniel Bedingfield - If You're Not the One
The Calling - Wherever you Will Go
Bic Runga - Sway
Wham! - Last Christmas

Songs that make me wanna bop me head just a lil bit:
Orson - No Tomorrow
The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
Chesney Hawkes - The One and Only (go on, admit it..)
Beyonce - Crazy in Love
Eminem - Shake That

Best Songs that someone else referred me to/I downloaded ignorantly:
Musiq Soulchild - Don't Change
Craig David - Sorry (Just Don't Love You No More)
Jewel - You Were Meant for Me
Five for Fighting - Superman
112 - Cupid
Brian McKnight - Still, Back at One

Best songs that hold, like, a message.
Good Charlotte - Hold On
Linkin Park - Numb
Jason Mraz - The Remedy
Cranberries- Zombie
Sarah McLachlan - Angel


Songs I wish I were old enough to appreciate at the time:
George Michael - Careless Whisper
Billie Holiday - Summertime
Ben E. King - Stand By Me
Elvis Presley - Love me Tender
Prince - Kiss

Songs that give the original a run for its money:
Soul for Real - Lets Stay Together
Jamelia - Numb
Jagged Edge - All Out of Love
Passion - So Sick

Favourite chinese songs from my very, very limited collection: (Suggestions welcome)
Jacky Cheung - ??????? (Break Ups Always Happen in the Rain)
David Tao - ?, ??? (Love is Simple)
Teresa Tang -
??????? (Moon Represents my Heart)
Jay Chow -
??? (Tornado), ?? (Starry Mood)
Faye Wong/Daniel Chan - ??? (I'm Willing)
Wang Lee Hom -
???? -(Don't be Afraid)
Guang Liang -
?? (Fairytale)

Songs that are like smoking pot:
Ben Harper - She's Only Happy in the Sun
Jack Johnson - Banana Pancakes
Bird York - In the Deep
John Mayer - Your Body is A Wonderland