Thursday, September 21, 2006

I'm in Singapore, what

Update for those of you that love and worry about me.

Its been a week in.

Scarily during this time, i even managed to pick up a slight singaporean twang.

These past few days i have been mostly eating, walking around and shopping. Nothing mind blowingly exciting but has been cool nonetheless. Next week I play tourist and become all snap-happy with the camera. The family I'm staying with have been great, and the weather has been surprisingly cool for this time of year. (By cool i mean by singaporean standards - in UK standards, it has been chokingly hot and stuffy)

Managed to pick up a few items from the main department stores, i've been to them all already - Isetan, Tang Plaza, Takishimaya, Wisma... I'm hoping to buy a helluva lot of stuff and make this trip worth it on the basis of shopping alone. I'm ordering a new pair of specs and maybe contact lenses too, since its 50% cheaper than in UK. Also am considering getting a new mobile phone, wallet, shoes.. gotta look the part for next year ya know!

Food wise.. life's been good. Unfortunately, i still never get hungry enough to fully appreciate the cuisine because of the humidity and heat. But dammit, if you hand it to me on a plate, i'll sure as heck eat it.

Tomorrow I'm heading to Miri in Malaysia with my friend and her family, as her dad lives and works there. I look forward to the barbeque fish. Next week, fingers crossed we will head to Bangkok - assuming this pain in the arse military coup doesn't affect our plans. And we've booked ourselves a 20pounds return coach ticket to Kuala Lumpur for the week after, so i'm all set, man!

I'll try and post some pictures here soon. The last time i came here, almost all my pictures were on my camera which i subsequently lost - it was really quite heartbreaking. So i'll make up for it like a manic Japanese tourist.

x